Article processing charges (APCs)
Mechanical Sciences is committed to the open-access model of publishing. This ensures free web access to the results of research and maximum visibility for published papers. However, it requires the author or a supporting institution to pay the costs of the review process, typesetting, web publication, and long-term archiving. These article processing charges (APCs) are categorized according to the submitted material and levied for the publication of the final journal paper.
The following article processing charges are valid for any manuscript submitted from 1 January 2020. Manuscripts submitted before this date are charged €45/50 net per page (plus €10 net per page for English language copy-editing).
|Price per page||Description|
|Category 1||€55||LaTeX submissions using the Copernicus Publications LaTeX Package|
|Category 2||€60||Word submissions using the Copernicus Publications Word template|
|English language copy-editing is included in the article processing charges.|
APCs are levied for any pages included in the produced article's *.pdf file, including appendices, the reference list, acknowledgements, disclaimers, review statements, code and data availability statements, and other such information sections. The supplement, however, is free of charge since it is not part of the main article's *.pdf file.
What is included in the article processing charges?
- all online tools for authors, editors, and reviewers;
- professional processing of figures;
- typesetting, editing, and formatting in PDFLaTeX;
- English language copy-editing;
- immediate open-access publication of each article;
- article alert service;
- indexing in international scientific databases and reference services;
- long-term archiving via Portico and CLOCKSS, as well as a number of national libraries.